6/18/2007

裘妮是個美髮師

書名 Junie B. Jones is a Beauty Shop Guy 裘妮是個美髮師 作者 Barbara Park

Chapter 1 My Brand-new Different Name

第一章 全新的名字

My name is Junie B. Jones. The B stands for Beatrice. Except I don't like Beatrice. I just like B and that's all.

我的名字叫裘妮‧B‧瓊斯,B代表是碧憩絲,但是我不喜歡叫碧憩絲,我只喜歡叫B,就是這樣。

Only guess what? That doesn't even matter anymore! 'Cause I am changing my name to a brand-new different name!

但是你知道嗎?那沒有關係了,因為,我要把我的名字改成一個不同的新名字了!

It popped right into my head when I waked up this morning!

今天早上醒來,這個想法突然在我腦海中出現!

That's how come I jumped out of bed. And I zoomed to the kitchen to tell Mother and Daddy.

我就跳下床,快速衝到廚房,去告訴媽媽和爸爸。

They were sitting at the breakfast table.

他們正坐在早餐桌旁。

"People! People! Guess what? Guess what? I am changing my name to a brand-new different name! And it is the loveliest name I ever hared of!"

各位!各位!你知道嗎?你知道嗎?
我要取個全新不同的名字了!那是一個我聽過最可愛的名字!

Mother was feeding my baby brother names Ollie. Daddy was reading his paper.
They did not pay attention to me.

媽媽在餵我的小弟弟歐力吃東西,爸爸在看報紙,他們都沒有注意到我。

I climbed up on my chair and shouted my new name real loud.

我爬到我的椅子上,大聲的把我的新名字說出來。

"PINKIE GLADYS GUTZMAN! MY NEW NAME IS PINKIE GLADYS GUTZMAN!"

「粉紅‧葛來第斯‧嘎姿夢!我的新名字叫粉紅‧葛來第斯‧嘎姿夢!」

Just then, Daddy looked at me over the top of the paper. 'Cause now he was paying attention!

這時,爸爸抬起頭看著我,因為他現在注意到我了

"Excuse me? Could you run that by me one more time?" he asked. "Your new name is Pinkie Gladys what?"

「對不起,可以請你再說一次嗎?」他問。「你的新名字叫粉紅‧葛來第斯什麼?」

I clapped my hands real happy.

我很開心的拍拍手。

"GUTZMAN!" I shouted very thrilled. "PINKIE GLADYS GUTZMAN! SO FROM NOW ON EVERYBODY HAS TO CALL ME THAT. OR ELSE I WILL NOT EVEN ANSWER! OKAY, DADDY? OKAY?"

「嘎恣夢!」我很得意大聲說:「粉紅‧葛來第斯‧嘎恣夢!從現在開始每個人都要叫我我的新名字,不然我就不回答。可以嗎?爸爸!可以嗎?」

I hugged myself.

"Isn't it just the cutest name you ever heard of? 'Cause Pinkie is the loveliest color I ever saw! Plus Gladys Gutzman is the snack lady at school. And so who wouldn't want to be named after that woman? That's what I would like to know!"

我雙手合抱著自己。

這是不是你聽過最可愛的名字呢?因為粉紅色是我見過最美麗的顏色,葛來第斯‧嘎姿夢是學校準備點心的阿姨的名字,所以誰不想取跟她相同的名字呢?我倒想知道有誰!」

Daddy shook his head. "I don't know. This doesn't really sound like a good idea to me," he said.

爸爸搖搖頭。「我不知道,我不覺得這是個很好的主意。」他說。

I did a frown at that guy.
"Why, Daddy? How come? How com it doesn't sound good?"

我對他皺一皺眉頭。「為什麼呢?爸爸!為何什麼不好呢?」

"Well, for one thing, it's much too long," he said. "No one will be able to remember a name as long as that one."

「嗯!比如說,名字太長了!」他說:「沒有人記得住這麼長的名字!」

I tapped on my chin. "Hmm," I said. "Hmm, hmm, hmm."

Then all of a sudden, my whole face got happy.
"Hey! I got it! I got the answer!"

我拍一拍下巴。「嗯!」我說:「嗯,嗯,嗯。」

然後,突然間,我的臉又露出笑容。「嘿!我想到了!我想到答案了!」

After that, I zoomed to my room. And I got some paper. And I zoomed right back again.

接著,我衝進我的房間,拿出一些紙,又馬上衝出來。

"A name tag! We will make a name tag!" I said. "That way, people can read my new name. And they won't even have to remember it!"

「名牌,我們做個名牌!」我說: 「那麼,大家可以讀我的新名字,他們也不用去記住!」

沒有留言: